Who pays for Home Health Care services?
Medicare, Medicaid and most Insurances cover
Home Health Care costs.
Who is eligible for Home Health Care services?
Anyone who meets the 4 conditions:
1. You are confined to your home.
2. You require care from a nurse or therapist.
3. A Physician determines that you qualify for Home Health Care.
4. The services must be medically reasonable and necessary.
Are there other services included?
If you qualify for Home Health Care services,
related medical supplies such as surgical dressings, IV supplies,
etc. are usually included. If you have need for assistance with
personal care, Home Health Aides are available.
What items are not covered?
The following items are not covered:
- Durable medical equipment such as oxygen, wheelchairs, walkers,
- Full time nursing
- Meal delivery
- Personal comfort items
Who pays for Hospice care?
Hospice of Sturgis accepts Medicare, Medicaid
and most insurance.
Who is eligible for Hospice care?
1. has a terminal illness
2. has a Doctor certify they are at the end of life (usually
6 months or less to live)
3. chooses not to seek further treatment for their illness.
How long can I get Hospice care?
As long as your Doctor certifies that you are
terminally ill, even if you live longer than 6 months.
What is Respite care?
As a Hospice patient, you may have one person
(usually a family member) who takes care of you every day. Sometimes
they need someone to care for you for a short period of time
while they do other activities or rest. The Hospice team will make arrangements to have the patient cared for during this time.
At Sturgis Hospital, you will find qualified, caring health professionals. From the moment you enter, throughout your stay, and upon your discharge, you will be treated as our guest. As part of our Mission to provide "ever-improving quality health care" we believe in the philosophy of continuous quality improvement.